Announcing the Launch of the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Short Video Competition
To garner more public attention, involve as many people as possible and introduce the Hangzhou Asian Games to the world, the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Organising Committee (HAGOC) is pleased to announce the launch of "The 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Short Video Competition", the theme of which will be "Everybody Is Remarkable".
The details of this contest are as follows:
The competition is open to all individuals, legal persons, groups and organisations (hereinafter referred to as 'the participants') both local and overseas who may have been paying close attention to the preparations for the Hangzhou Asian Games, interested in taking part in a short video competition; and are experienced in video shooting and production.
1. Content: We are open to a variety of interpretations of the theme. Videos should be no more than 5 minutes in length.
2. Theme: We are looking for a unique perspective with an emphasis on originality and innovation. In covering the theme, entries should focus on the sports movement, urban rejuvenation and the Asian Games brand, and how this edition of the Games will be a "Green, Smart, Economical and Ethical" - the Committee's vision for the event - as well as a sports extravaganza that meets our Games goal of presenting "Chinese Style, Zhejiang Glamour, Hangzhou Flavor, Spectacular".
3. Additional Information & Requirements
(1) There are no language prerequisites for the video.
(2) The entries should embody a positive outlook, celebrate the Olympic spirit and be absent of any elements that might lead to misrepresentation of, or a negative bias against, the Olympic Movement or Chinese culture and values.
Videos should be also be free of any elements that may be discriminatory on national, ethnic, racial or religious grounds; nor should it contain any other elements that may be regarded as going against acceptable social or moral behaviour and customs.
(3) Participants should also ensure that entries are original works, are free from plagiarism, do not infringe on the work of others and are not encumbered by any other issues; and should ensure that no third party possesses or has claim on the intellectual property rights of the entries or any other rights related to them. Participants shall bear all legal responsibility for any acts or suspected acts of plagiarism or borrowing of entries and any legal disputes arising from these. HAGOC will at all times bear no responsibility with regard to these matters.
(4) All entries submitted to HAGOC shall be deemed to free of any further claims to the work. In submitting an entry, the participant agrees to automatically and permanently transfer all intellectual property rights and all related derivative rights to the work, except the right of authorship, to HAGOC (and to any third parties recognised by HAGOC) free of charge.
What to Submit
All applicants are required to complete an Application Form which must be submitted along with their entry (refer to the attachment for details) when entering the contest. The video can be in one of these accepted formats: MPG, MPEG, AVI, MOV, WMV or MP4, with a minimum resolution of 1280p×720p or higher. Entries in either landscape or portrait orientation are acceptable.
How to Submit Entries
Submission deadline: 17:00 Friday, 18 June 2021
How to Apply:
(1) Online Application
Upload your file(s) via the "The 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Short Video Competition" page on the official 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 website www.hangzhou2022.cn.
(2) Application by Post
Send your entries to:
Press & Public Relations Department, HAGOC
Room 1017, Block B, Kunlun Centre, 150 Fuchun Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, PRC
Contact number: 0571-85255225 (Chinese mainland) / +86 (0) 571 85255225 (Overseas or Greater China)
Only entries that have been uploaded or posted before the submission deadline will be eligible. Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Winner Selection and Prizes
1. HAGOC will review the entries in accordance with the above-mentioned requirements. Any entries that are determined to not be in compliance will be deemed invalid.
2. HAGOC's panel of experts will select one (1) first-prize winner, three (3) second-prize winners and five (5) third-prize winners from among the eligible entries, as well as six (6) best organisers. Depending on the quality of the entries received and after evaluation, HAGOC reserves the right to reduce the actual number of prizes awarded.
3.First, second and third-prize winners will each receive a certificate and prize money of 100,000 yuan, 50,000 yuan and 30,000 yuan before tax, respectively. Each of the best organisers will receive 50,000 yuan in prize money.
Exhibition and Publication
Results of the competition will be published on the official 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 website in August 2021. Works that have won an award will be released successively on the official Convergence Media platform for the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 (which includes placement on the following platforms: the official Games website, the Asian Games channel, the official Asian Games WeChat account, Weibo, www.douyin.com, www.toutiao.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok).
Participants can download files on how to create their short video from the following platforms: the official website (www.hangzhou2022.cn), official Asian Games WeChat account (hzyy2022), official Weibo account (The 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022) and official Douyin account (HANGZHOU2022AG). Check out these and other media channels for the latest updates and to find out what's trending regarding the Asian Games in Hangzhou.