Mascots, as the most vibrant symbols, are a major part of the brand, image and look of multi-sports events. On April 3, 2020, the mascot set named “Memories of Jiangnan” of the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 (hereinafter referred to as Hangzhou Asian Games) was officially unveiled. In order to facilitate the extended development of animation & cartoon works of Hangzhou Asian Games mascots, promote the aesthetics and culture of Asian Games, and advance the sports movement, urban upgrade and its brand value, the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Organising Committee (hereinafter referred to as HAGOC) is hereby launching the Mascot Animation & Cartoon Contest of the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022. It is announced as follows:
All natural persons, legal persons and organisations (hereinafter collectively referred to as participants) at home and abroad who support the preparation of Hangzhou Asian Games, have a strong intention to create the animation & cartoon works featuring Hangzhou Asian Games mascots, and possess mature capacity for producing animation or cartoon works.
All the participants should create an animated movie or a cartoon book featuring the Hangzhou Asian Games mascots with plots and vivid characters. Each animated movie submitted should last for no less than 3 minutes, and each cartoon book should be no less than 150 pages.
Each entry should meet the following requirements: First, it should embody the Olympic Spirit and conform to the concept, goals and vision of Hangzhou Asian Games with a touch of China’s cultural values and Hangzhou’s characteristics, showcase the vigorous, hospitable, open and inclusive image of the Host City and create a warm atmosphere for broader participation. All entries should be relevant to the Asian Games, combine the mascot images with the culture of Hangzhou and Asian Game vividly as a whole, and accommodate public aesthetics for broader communication.
(i) The contents and elements in each entry shall comply with laws and regulations of China and meet the standards and conditions set by the organizer of the contest.
(ii) Misunderstanding and prejudices against the Olympic Spirit or Chinese culture and values should be avoided, and any content involving discrimination on nationality, ethnic origin, race and religion or against social morality and customs is not allowed.
(iii) Each entry shall be original and eliminates intellectual property (IP) right claims from a third party.
Participants should submit materials including self-introduction, entry, entry interpretation and legal documents. The animated movie shall be submitted in common video formats such as MP4, MOV and MKV with resolution of 1080p; and the cartoon book shall be submitted in both printed and electronic forms and its e-version should be PDF or JPG with resolution of 300 dpi.
IV.Time and Address for Submission
Deadline: September 10, 2020
Address: Room 1017, Building B, Kunlun Centre, 150 Fuchun Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
Recipient: Press & Public Relations Department, HAGOC
Contact Number: 0571-85255222
Participants should submit all the materials required before the deadline to the recipient mentioned. No entry would be accepted by HAGOC after the deadline.
V. Selection and Prizes
1. HAGOC will conduct a formal examination of the entries according to the requirements abovementioned. Those failing to meet the requirements would be deemed as invalid.
2. HAGOC will organise a judge panel to review the valid entries and select 14 award-winning animated movies (including 1 for the first prize, 3 for the second prize, and 10 for the third prize) and 3 award-winning cartoon books. HAGOC reserves the right to cancel prizes in case entries are not qualified.
3. Certificates and prizes from HAGOC will be conferred on award-winners. The pre-tax bonuses for the first, second and third prizes of animated movie are 500,000 yuan, 300,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan respectively, and the pre-tax bonus for each award-winning cartoon book is 200,000 yuan.
1. HAGOC has granted participants the right to adapt the images of Hangzhou Asian Games’ mascots for the contest and the right to claim the authorship of corresponding entries;
2. HAGOC is entitled to all IP rights of the entries except for the right of authorship;
3. Dissemination of the entries in any form and any publication in the name of HAGOC without written consent from HAGOC are not allowed;
4. Award-winners are entitled to the right of developing peripheral products in accordance with the Licensing Programme of the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022.
1. The award-winners are to be responsible for the publication of the award-winning cartoon books.
2. Documents, information and updates on the contest are available at HAGOC’s official website (www. hangzhou2022.cn), WeChat account (hzyy2022), Sina Weibo account (杭州2022年亚运会) or Douyin account (HANGZHOU2022AG).
The 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 Organising Committee
July 13, 2020