In order to ensure the success of the equestrian events at the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 in Tonglu, Hangzhou, it is decided to establish an Equine Disease Free Zone (EDFZ) under regional administration on animal epidemics in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, including Animal Epidemic Prevention Law of the People's Republic of China, Measures on the Administration of Animal Quarantine and Technical Specifications for the Administration on theEquine Disease Free Zone. Here are the details of the Announcement:
I. TheEDFZ at Tonglu, Hangzhou is composed of a disease-free zone, a protected zone and a biosafety channel. Specifically, the disease-free zone covers the administrative region of Tonglu County to the north of Fuchun River; the protected zone covers the administrative region of Tonglu County to the south of Fuchun River and those of the adjacent Fuyang District, Lin'an District, Chun'an County and Jiande City; and the biosafety channel covers the airport expressway from Hangzhou International Airport to the equestrian venue of Hangzhou 2022, G92 Hangzhou Bay Ring Expressway, G60 Shanghai–Kunming Expressway, Caihong Expressway, and the road from Fuchunjiang Toll Stationon G25 Changchun–Shenzhen Expressway to the disease-free zone and the areas within more than 1 kilometreon both sides of the road.
II. The equus in the Announcement refers to horses, donkeys, mules and related animals, while the susceptible animals refer to horses, donkeys, mules, pigs, cattle, goats and related animals.
The prescribed equine diseases in the Announcement include eight animal epidemic diseases, i.e. equine infectious anemia, glanders, Japanese encephalitis, equine piroplasmosis, equine viral arthritis, equine dourine, Trypanosomaevansi (surra) and equine influenza.
III. Baijiang and Gaoxiang Animal Health Supervision and Inspection Stations are set on S302 Provincial Expressway to the disease-free zone, and Fenshui and Hengcun Animal Health Supervision and Inspection Stations on S208 Provincial Expressway. The two expressways are the transport corridors for susceptible animals and products thereof to the disease-free zone.
IV. Equus registration is applied in the city and organised and implemented by local veterinary authority ofrespective people's governments at county level. The registration shall be completed prior to December 31st, 2019.
V. Forcible immunization on epidemic diseases like equine influenza and Japanese encephalitis is applied to equus with relevant immunization records in the city.
VI. The owner or carrier of susceptible animals and products thereof entering the disease-free zone shall:
(1) Pass the quarantine inspection by the animal health supervision authority at the place of origin and apply for quarantine inspection with the animal health supervision authority at the place of entry three days before shipment.
(2) Raise the susceptible animals for slaughtering for over three months at the farm at the place of origin, where no susceptible animalsare introduced and no equine diseases specified above inIIis found 30 days before shipment.
(3) Obtain the Animal Quarantine Conformity Certificate from the animal health supervision authority at the place of origin after the animal health supervision authority at the place of entry accepts the application for quarantine inspection; and take the transport corridors specified above in IIIand report to and accept inspection of the animal health supervision and inspection station in the disease-free zone.
(4) Conduct quarantine for susceptible animals to enter (except those for slaughtering) at the isolated or designated site; and complete inspections on the susceptible animals for slaughtering or products thereof at the animal health supervision and inspection station of the disease-free zone. After the quarantine is passed, the Animal Quarantine ConformityCertificatewill be issued by the animal health supervision authority at the place of entry; otherwise, the entry will be denied under relevant legal procedures.
(5) The susceptible animals for slaughtering shall be slaughtered within 24 hours after entry.
VII. The owner or carrier of susceptible animals and products thereof, via the disease-free zone, shall:
(1) Obtain the approval from the animal health supervision authority at the location of the disease-free zone before shipment and then pass through the designated corridor within the specified period;
(2) Report to the animal health supervision and inspection stations on the road in the disease-free zone with valid Animal Quarantine ConformityCertificate issued by the animal health supervision authority at the place of origin.
VIII. The owner or carrier shall unload the sick or dead animals or discharge animal excreta, bedding or other related wastes at the site(s) designated by the animal health supervision authority and take biosafety disposal as required.
IX. The means of delivery, packages and containers of the susceptible animals and products thereof shall be biologically safe without any leakage. The owner or carrier shall assist the animal health supervision and inspection station in vehicle disinfection.
X. Where any susceptible animal or product thereof tests positive on or is infected with any equine epidemic specified above in II, relevant technical specifications shall apply.
XI. Anyone who runs counter to the Announcement or rejects or interferes with state functionary's legal and official business shall be punished according to the Law of the People's Republic of China on Penalties for Administration of Public Security; or shall be investigated for criminal liabilities if a crime is constituted.
XII.The Announcement shall be valid from September 29th, 2019 to December 31st, 2022.
Hangzhou Municipal People's Government
August 30th, 2019